Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 04:37:51 +0900
From:      Noritoshi Demizu <demizu@acm.org>
To:        ccegongw@nus.edu.sg
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: <Linux Virtual Server> Equivalent in FreeBSD?

We are planning to release our experimental clustering code within a
few weeks.  Our code does:
 > 1. load sharing among many real servers,
 > 2. able to automatically detect failure real server and avoid
 >    forwarding request to it
 - dispatching algorithm can be chosen from RR, WRR, LC, WLC
 - shared IP addresses are set to lo0 of servers automatically.

However,
 - Because probing mechanism is implemented with independent daemons,
   our implementation cannot detect application level troubles including
   heavy paging (slashing?).
 - No code to calculate proper weights for each server. :-)
 - No takeover mechanism for balancing box.
 - No contents management mechanisms.
 - still under development.

Best Regards,
Noritoshi Demizu

ps. We put kernel side code at the following URL for those who have interests.
    http://landwalker.aist-nara.ac.jp/cluster/tiny-las/
    Userland code will be available soon after copyright issues are solved.