Date:      20 May 2003 12:46:23 -0400
From:      Chris Shenton <chris@shenton.org>
To:        Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Via EPIA Mini-ITX motherboard

Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> writes:

> Is it actually in the kitchen? And what room is "Pectopah"?

In fact, it is in the kitchen.  I used to have a Sun IPX which I ran
NetBSD diskless but it became too slow.  A net-connected box in the
kitchen is a real nice thing, for looking up recipes, checking email,
sometimes writing code.  But it has to be quiet, like an appliance.

"PECTOPAH" looks identical to the Cyrillic for the Russian word for
"restaurant".  Saw a sign that said PECTOPAH when I visited Moscow and
after sounding it out, realized it sounded almost like "restaurant".
My machine Pectopah is my main server -- get it? restaurant, server...
I have a thing about food.  :-)