Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 1996 13:39:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.org, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Subject:   Re: Ricochet modem by Metricom

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:

> Hmm, I think I'm going to look into it again.  Thanks for the info, I
> think it's time to find the white paper on the project. *g*
>
> (36kbps?  Man, maby I should move out there! *g*)

	Actually, they have a packet of info if you called them for it.
Last night, I was testing a telnet session from Win95 and a telnet session
from FreeBSD using the same Ricochet modem and something funny, at the
same speed for data transfers of 3.6k/sec, there is no lag in the telnet
in Win95 while there is lag in FreeBSD, anyone have any ideas about why
this is happening and it's on the same computer.

Vince
GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations - GUS Mailing Lists Admin