Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:24:27 +0100
From:      dorey_s@infonie.fr
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Looking for X11 library

Hello,
At the present moment I use cc and gcc to compile program. I read in
litterature that to use motif  I have to buy the distrib. I read too that
X11 is available on the cd of freeBSD 2.2.6 free (:-).
When I include in my program functions that come from the X11 library and
when I introduce -lX11 option to link with the library I have an error
which say that programs from this library doesn't exist.
Well I can understand this peoblem but when I look carefully on the CD if I
could find the missing files in the port collection these files are absent.
Is there a package on the freeBSD 2.2.6 cd that provide these files to make
link with the library ?
If yes could you tell me where I can find it otherwise where on the web I
can find it ?
Thank you very much.
Seb