Date:      28 Nov 2001 08:39:05 +0500
From:      "Brandon S. Allbery " KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
To:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Whats with this -> sendto: No buffer space available

On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 22:06, Kal Torak wrote:
> Now every so often all data stops and checking on the gateway
> trying to send something I get the "sendto: No buffer space available"
> error and have to reboot and everything is fine again...

Beats the heck out of me, but it happens constantly on my laptop when
I'm using the VPN (mpd; dynamic addresses mean I can't use IPSEC).
Also, it constantly loses loopback packets.  Usually it recovers by
itself after a minute or so.  I've tried fiddling with everything I can
find and am considering instrumenting the kernel to syslog a stack trace
any time something wants to return ENOBUFS.  It's really annoying.

I also see similar problems on the machine which is my PPP router / NAT
gateway.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]
allbery@kf8nh.apk.net