Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 11:21:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>
To:        Ola Persson <smurfen@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD hacker dinner report...

> Why why WHY do you guys use 'proof' as a measure of alcoholic content.. I
> have always wondered.... And is it exacty twice as much as ?

Back in the olden days of door to door liqour salesman, a common question
was "Show me your proof" at which time a bottle would be uncapped and
setafire to prove the presence of alcohol.

     : Tom Arnold - No relation to Rosanne           :
     : SysAdmin/Pres - TBI, Ltd ( inna.net )         :
     : The Middle Peninsula's Internet Connection    :