Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:21:11 +0200
From:      "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@sitetronics.com>
To:        "'Peter Jeremy'" <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: realpath(3) et al

It, would though, be trivial to implement this with a #define based upon =
the
kernel configuration, would it not? Protecting against stack smashing is
quite important; I think many hosting environments not using LISP or =
other
executable-stack-reliant packages would benefit from this. By negating =
the
ability to execute injected code through a buffer overflow, security is
highly increased. By implementing it as a kernel configuration option, I
don't think we would lose out at all.

Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell
Systems and Network Engineer
Simpli, Inc. Web Hosting
http://www.simpli.biz

Linux
> >do the same... why don't we go ahead and shove some of this code into
CVS?