Date:      Sun, 1 Jul 2018 11:45:46 +0000
From:      Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
To:        Johannes Lundberg <johalun0@gmail.com>
Cc:        x11-list freebsd <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Does either Gnome or KDE support Wayland on FreeBSD? [EOM]

On 30/06/2018 20:37, Johannes Lundberg wrote:
> I don’t know about Gnome or KDE but GTK3 apps work with Wayland. It
> needs ports built with custom options though.

Building ports isn't a problem, however I don't understand how
particular apps can work with Wayland. I thought that they would need to
run inside Weston or some other compositor, which in turn runs on
Wayland? Is the X server in that configuration running as a Wayland
client with with the GTK3 apps running outside of the X server (i.e. are
managed by the compositor directly)?