Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 11:19:43 -0400
From:      "Lanny Baron" <lnb@cybertouch.org>
To:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two disks

> Hi,
> Is it possible to let FBSD reside on two disks, that is most of the
> system on disk one, and i.e. /usr on disk two?
> I'm quit new to FBSD and have to do a little comp planning.
> Glad for an answer
> Thomas

You can put / on one disk /usr on disk 1 /var on disk 3 /home on
disk 4 and on and on and on. However, putting / by itself if you
follow Greg Lehey's instructions in his book The Complete
FreeBSD, page 72 and what follows at the bottom of that page, you
will find a waste of a lot of space. I don't know your requirements
for growth but if you intend to have a large user base (lots of people
on your system) make a /home on a large disk.

Lanny Baron
http://freedom.cybertouch.org