Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 18:35:24 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        listmail@helena.callcenter.systemhaus.net (Christoph Weber-Fahr)
Subject:   Re: vanishing isdnd - whats that ?

From the keyboard of Christoph Weber-Fahr:

> > > you have to set idletime-outgoing to a non-zero value. I use 30, but _any_
> > > value other than 0 is OK. Perhaps the code for I4B_TIMEOUT_UPD should use
> > > a default if a value of 0 is passed in ?
[...]
> actually, this value in my config had precisely this purpose, is there
> this way since 0.63, and although I don't find that anywhere in
> the documentation I seem to remember having read somewhere (here ?),
> that a 0 timeout meant no timeout.

Its in the kernels sources actually. There is a check if the idletime is
greater than 0 zero and only then the mechanism is enabled.

The parameter check in the ioctl doing the timeout update was wrong, i fixed
that and documented that zero is disabling timeout in the isdnd.rc man page.

So i think the problem is solved.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77