Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 13:01:06 -0800
From:      Greg Shenaut <greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   making music cds on fbsd 3.2

I know nothing about making music cds, but I want to be able to do
this for some amateur dance groups I am associated with.  This is
basically putting together audio from various sources and copying
them onto a cd for the purpose of rehearsing and performing.

Can this even be done under freebsd?  I would prefer not to have
to get a bunch of windows-specific software and hardware if I don't
have to.

What software can be used for this?  What hardware?  I have SCSI
disks, tapedrives, and scanner, so SCSI would be OK, or IDE, of
course.

Would the same hardware and software also be usable to make CD-ROMs?

(I'm sorry to be asking such a basic question, but I really know
nothing and want some advice that's free of commercial hype.)

-Greg Shenaut