Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:55:09 -0600
From:      "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "lewst" <lewst@yahoo.com>, "Will Andrews" <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Subject:   Re: where is KDE 2.0.1 ?!?

Its not like you have to use the port to compile KDE, if you need it right
away just compile the source yourself.  The ports system is a tool, not a
requirement for running the applications on FreeBSD.  Aren't the rpms
created by the people @ KDE anyways?  By the time they get to a release they
should know it in an out and it shouldn't take them much time at all to
create, if they haven't already been created by the time they release of a
specific version.  FreeBSD is competitive because people contribute instead
of complain for the most part.  If you don't have anything positive to
contribute then we don't need your negative complaints about what other
people donate in their spare time.