Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:33:28 -0500
From:      Albert Vest <alvest@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg 6.9.0 and DRI crashes the machine (AMD64, Radeon)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 18:00:46 +0100
Mark Nowiasz <buckaroo@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After upgrading to xorg 6.9.0 the server crashes the machine - the
> computer isn't responding to anything, the screen is black with a
> warning about unsupported display mode (21khz / 0 Hz), only a hard reset
> will do.
>
> After I've removed 'Load  "dri"' from Section "Module" X is running fine
> again.
>
> I've gut an amd64 machine using a Radeon 9600 XT  card.

My situation exactly, except my CPU is Intel and it's integrated video (Radeon RS300 IGP 9100).  Have tried it with graphics/dri, but not graphics/dri-devel.  I have hope of making DRI work, since I got it working before the mid-december patches (RELENG_6).  Will keep better notes this time.

How is it you see the "unsupported display mode" warning with a black screen?

Thanks,

--
Albert Vest, al vest at earth link dot net