Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 12:15:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James Snow <sno@teardrop.org>
To:        "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual K6

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:

> The problem lies in the fact that the K6 implements OPIC verses Intel's
> APIC protocol, so you'd need both a motherboard and an OS that did OPIC.
> I haven't seen an motherboard that implements OPIC, so OS support is
> probably a moot point.

Pardon my ignorance here, but what are OPIC and APIC? I'm experiencing
that 'new word' phenomena where you hear it once, and then here it several
dozen more times in the next few days.

-sno
          | We live in the short term | sno at teardrop dot org |
          |   and hope for the best.  |  I am Geek. Hear me ^G  |