Date:      Thu, 02 Oct 1997 11:39:26 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crossbuild problem with 2.2.5-BETA

Well, I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon and do some testing for the
2.2.5-BETA cycle, as I have a plethora of machines here to set up.

In preparation for a 'make release' then I ran a buildworld on the
-stable source tree, checked out in a suitable build arena on a
-current box.

It appears that there are still some problems with building a tree
that's not in /usr/src however - is this something I shouldn't be
trying to do, or should it work?

The one that bit me was this line in <machine/asmacros.h> :

#include "/usr/src/lib/libc/i386/DEFS.h"        /* XXX blech */

/*
 * In the !KERNEL case, this header is only (ab)used in lib/msun/i387.
 * Use it to generate code to select between the generic math functions
 * and the i387 ones.
 */

The -current DEFS.h goes on to include <machine/asm.h>, which doesn't
exist in -stable.

Ideas?

mike