Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2001 02:05:14 -0500
From:      "Mike Atkinson" <mikea@kconline.com>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: LAME domains, sendmail BIND and FreeBSD- its FreeBSD specific  it seems (was more strange DNS issues in BIND and STABLE.)-

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Tancsa" <mike@sentex.net>
.
> STABLE stock BIND+ sendmail 8.11.2: I can email LAME domains...

This combination did not resolve the problem in our case but we built 8.11.2
from the ports tree.  We did find that running Sendmail 8.9.3 (out of
desperation) seems to have corrected the problem for now.  We are still
having intermittent problems with nslookups up on some domains (don't have
the exact error message in debug mode, but it as an "NX" problem.)

Sendmail 8.11.1 (or 8.11.2) does work fine if we set resolv.conf to use our
competitors NT nameserver..

I am now getting ready to try what Dirk Meyer has suggested and will report
back.

-----
Mike Atkinson - mikea@kconline.com
KC Online, Inc. - System Administration