Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:22:33 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
Cc:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Minor 2.2.1 install nit.

In message <1.5.4.32.19970416123607.006e0f38@cybercom.net> The Classiest Man Alive writes:
: Not to fan the flames, but has anyone ever considered converting Slackware's
: installation program to FreeBSD.  Though I prefer FreeBSD (slightly) to
: Linux, I must admit that I find Slackware much easier to install coming from
: my non-technical standpoint.  (Which probably has most of you asking why I'm
: on the list anyway.)  Slackware usually sets up good defaults based on the
: input from the menu-driven installation, whereas FreeBSD requires more
: tweaking after installation.

That is good feedback.

Here is some more:

I recently installed Linux from some distribution (red hat? caldera??
I don't recall).  They had a feature that I thought was pretty cool.
They showed the disk usage at all times (just before the package was
added).

This leads to two comments:

	1) It would be cool if you could fit as many as possible of
the disks on the status screen.  A simple % bar chart would be nice.

	2) Try to figure out to see if you really have enough disk
space to do the install.  I've had several installs fail because of
insufficient disk space.

Warner