Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 95 00:00 WET
From:      pete@pelican.com (Pete Carah)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Innd

In article <fL1jRTlqs3@astral.msk.su> ache writes:
>All this mess comes becomes msync() and munmap() don't update
>modification times at all.

That may not be the only reason - note that innd cores about once/day on
an sgi indigo under 4.0.5 if mmap is used, and runs for months without it,
and there mmap behaves supposedly OK (and it really was the only change).
Either innd doesn't really handle mmap right or sgi isn't much better
than we are :-)  (and I've taken to not using mmap-active at all...)

-- Pete