Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:45:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Scott Carmichael <freebsd@jobeus.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   CS4299-A support?

Does FreeBSD support this sound chipset? I can't find any confirmation
that it does, even though it's listed in /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/ac97.c
... With the nVidia driver being released, this is the only thing holding
me back from trying FreeBSD on my laptop... Anyone know?

Other CS42xx cards seem to be supported, but they're explicitly listed,
whereas my CS4299 is not...