Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:18:04 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: emu10k1 driver ?

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 10:26:37AM -0500, Daniel Frazier wrote:
> Cliff Sarginson wrote:
>

> >Or port "alsa".
> >

> what is this?  it this new?  I don't see it in my ports tree.

No it was a suggestion, you won't find it in the ports tree.
I believe there have been mutterings before about porting the Alsa
sound drivers to FreeBSD (they are most notably used in SuSE linux,
and perhaps others, instead of the Linux supplied modules).
Do a google on "alsa" and all will be revealed.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>