Date:      Sat, 01 Jun 2013 01:09:28 +0000
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ruby 1.9 upgrade and puppet

On 05/31/13 21:02, bw.mail.lists wrote:

>>> It would probably be best to kill puppet before the upgrade.
>>
>> This is definitely the problem here.  I'm afraid you'll have to
>> manually kill it here, since the old rc script has been
>> deinstalled. You'll only have to do it this once.
>>

> Not a problem (except for UPDATING), but since $command_interpreter
> is set to ruby19 in the new script, doesn't that mean that the same
> thing will happen on the next ruby update?

Yes, but it's pretty rare and I'm not sure how we could avoid it. I've
added a note to UPDATING reminding users to stop the software before
updating.

The other issues you had were caused by a bug in the facter port and
should be fixed now with sysutils/rubygem-facter 1.6.18_2. Please
update and let me know if you have any further issues.

Steve