Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:23:22 +1200
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.4-RC2 Cannot Boot boot-only iso (Tyan Tiger Again)

Thought I would see if my Tyan S1834 + Promise TX2000 makes trouble for
the BXT Loader in 5.4-RC2.

Unfortunately it seems to - locks up immediately after printing (note -
hand transcribed)

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader...
(root@harlow.cse

The unusual factors with the machine are (guessing):

1) 2G RAM
2) All ATA Drives plugged into the Promise TX2000

I would bet on 2) being the problem (i.e. the lack of any drives in the
2 std ATA slots).

Any suggestions on the best path for proceeding? It would be highly
desirable to be able to upgrade via cd boot.

(If I have a spare ATA drive I will see if plugging it into one of the
std slots helps).

Cheers

Mark