Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:36:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Steve Zweep <steve@borderware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ICMP attacks against TCP

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Steve Zweep wrote:

> Has anyone seen the recently published IETF draft regarding ICMP attacks
> against TCP?
> [http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gont-tcpm-icmp-attacks-00.txt]
>
> I'm interested in any comments as to the vulnerability of FreeBSD's TCP to
> such attacks and the need for or usefulness of the various solutions proposed
> in the paper.
>
> Thanks, all
>
> - Steve

Back when the RST semi-blind attacks came out, I double-checked our ICMP
code for the same condition.  It turns out that this was fixed by one of
our developers years and years ago.  I can't recall the exact version of
the change now, but I believe it occured around 4.1 or 4.2.

So, it could use some quick review, but I think we're good here.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack