Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:49:56 +0800
From:      "Mao Shou Yan" <david.mao@thomson.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   polling in 4.11 vs 5.4

Hi, everybody,

=20

         I hope this is the right place that I post to!

=20

         When I enabled polling in 5.4 and 4.11, I found that CPU load
in 5.4 is much higher than 4.11. For example, suppose HZ is 5000, in 5.4
the idle CPU is about 87%, but in 4.11, the idle CPU is about 99.9%. Is
this right? Or the statistic is wrong in 4.11?

         BTW, ACPI is disabled under 5.4.

BTW, I found that context switch in 5.4 is much higher than 5.4 while
enabling polling. (Using systat -vmstat 1)

         I'm looking forward your reply.

         Any response is welcome!

=20

=20