Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 21:12:37 +0100
From:      Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ktrace/kdump output interpreting, help needed.

Giorgos Keramidas a écrit :

> Eric Masson <e-masson@kisoft-services.com> writes:
>
> > I know rexec says connection is denied, I submitted this just because
> > when i telnet the host on port 512, it doesn't deny connection. So
> > I've done the test on my FBSD workstation after i have enabled rexecd
> > in inetd.conf ( and of course sent a HUP to inetd). Same result,
> > connection refused. That's why I posted ;).
>
> You don't happen to be running ipfw, do you?
No, I don't.

Just an addendum to my previous reply, rexec says connection is denied
after having wait for 60 seconds (tcp timeout ?),  but no socket seems
to be created (sockstat doesn't show any socket opened by profile
launching rexec). I checked this point on the host previously mentionned
either on my BSD box. Should have been more clear in previous posts ;).

Regards,

Eric Masson

--
Any opinions expressed above  | Murphy's Law Corollary :
are my own, not Kisoft's      | Murphy was an optimist.