Date:      Mon, 07 Apr 1997 04:12:57 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@onyx.interactive.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Modem/cuaa2/sio2 configure ?

I am running FreeBSD 2.1.5.

I have tried running /dev/MAKDEV while in /dev for both sio2 and cuaa2,
recompiled the kernel with sio2 un-commented-out. I get the message that cuaa2
is unconfigured, and that sio2 doesn't exist, and dmesg show me the following:

   sio2 not found at 0x3e8
   sio3 not found at 0x2e8

Trying to start up ppp...dial provider results in a message that the modem
could not be reached.

I have also tried minicom and seyon to see if they could do it, and both were
unable to talk to the modem.

Can anyone tell me what to do to get my modem working?--or, please direct me
to where I can find clear documentation on how to do this?

[The modem works in Linux on the same box, so it isn't a hardware problem.]

TIA

Chris
--

Chris Booth