Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:17:39 +0800
From:      "kai ouyang" <oykai@msn.com>
To:        Current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   a queston about ACL acl_type_t

Hi,
  I am trying to understand the ACL implementation in FreeBSD-Current. I
have a question about ACL.
  in "acl.h", there are some acl_type_t value macro:
/*
 * Possible valid values for acl_type_t arguments.
 */
#define	ACL_TYPE_ACCESS		0x00000000
#define	ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT	         0x00000001
#define	ACL_TYPE_AFS		0x00000002
#define	ACL_TYPE_CODA		0x00000003
#define	ACL_TYPE_NTFS		0x00000004
#define	ACL_TYPE_NWFS		0x00000005

But I am not sure what's means.
in the 'setfacl' source, I found the usage:
If we want to control a directory,
  acl[ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT] = acl_get_file(filename, ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT);
if we want to sontrol a file,
  acl[DEFAULT_ACL] = NULL;
Why?
What's the difference among those macros?
Why must a directory object reserve two acl_t_structs, and a file only need
one?

Thank you!

Best Regards
  Ouyang Kai