Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 20:22:34 +0300
From:      Roman Jemets <r.jemets@ts.ee>
To:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help !!!!!!

The host that holds your domain zone information must
have NS record in the same configuration file that describes
your SOA record. If there's an MX record then there could
be an NS record too. Your personal host doesn't have to be online for
mail to work, because SMTP server which refuses to receive your
mail, checks not the presence of your host online, but for
correct DNS information whereever it resides. It's primarily
the problem of your internet provider who serves your domain.
They only have to add NS record to the DNS zone and an A record which
points to host pretending to be your NS.

With best regards, Roman.