Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:42:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
To:        Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp.FreeBSD.org and ftp.dk.FreeBSD.org have 4.5-install.iso ready for download

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Jesper Skriver wrote:

> I'm off to bed now (04:36 am here) ftp.FreeBSD.org is having a hard
> time, but it's pushing lots of data.

well done jesper in putting FreeBSD ahead of your need for sleep :-)

[...]

> It's probably not the best english ever written, but at least it points
> people to the list of mirrors, which hopefully will help to spread the
> load a bit.

aye.  i think ftp.freebsd.org is the exception case.  it's a tier-1 mirror
but it shouldn't be mirrored from by any other tier-1/2/3s except in case
of some exceptional circumstance.

well, i guess things will slow down everywhere for a while, as 4.5 starts
to propagate..

regards,

-jason