Date:      12 Jun 2002 12:03:15 +0100
From:      Paul Richards <paul@freebsd-services.com>
To:        Graham Lillico <graham_lillico@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qmail Receiving Mail Problem

--=-8gqPjO568/6BP4a7L0Dc

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 10:58, Graham Lillico wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I hope someone here can help me with this.
>=20
> I have a mulitdrop mailbox at my ISP "username@isp.com" and I also have t=
wo=20
> aliases set up to point to this mailbox "firstname.lastname1@isp.com" and=
=20
> "firstname.lastname2@isp.com".
>=20
> My problem is that I want to use fetchmail to download the email from my=20
> isp's pop3 mailserver and then to split it between the two accounts on my=
=20
> mailserver "user1" and "user2" does anyone have any idea how this can be=20
> done?  I'm currently using qmail and can't get it working.  I will consid=
er=20
> using something else if it can't be done using qmail.

Try something like this in your .fetchmailrc

poll pop3.freeserve.com proto pop3 envelope Envelope-To
    localdomains isp.com
    user "username" pass "password" is * here fetchall=20

It tries to use the Envelope To header to determine the original
recipient before it was delivered to your POP mailbox.

--=20
Paul Richards                   |  FreeBSD DVD distributions
FreeBSD Services Ltd            | =20
http://www.freebsd-services.com |  Pre-order your FreeBSD 4.6 DVD now!

--=-8gqPjO568/6BP4a7L0Dc

--=-8gqPjO568/6BP4a7L0Dc--