Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:44:56 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dropping compiler support in -current

Bernd Walter <ticso@mail.cicely.de> wrote:

> > - I'm seeing mysterious writes (kevent says NOTE_WRITE) to my
> >   executables.  I suspect this is a VM bug.
>
> I remember this but thought it happened on i386 for you?

No, on alpha.  Since nobody else seems to see this, it's probably
alpha-specific.

> > - Pthreads are broken.  Well, at least ports that rely on them fail.
>
> If heard a lot about signal phaenomen that weren't alpha sepcific.
> Is your problem alpha specific?

I can't tell.  I don't have access to FreeBSD/i386.  Again, it
*probably* is alpha-specific since it breaks such central ports as
GTK, and I would expect to see a lot of screaming and yelling if
this affected more people.