Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:32:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Matthew Rochlin <rochlin@mediaone.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org

Matthew Rochlin writes:
> Just curious (and forgive me if this is one of those holy war kind of
> questions - I don't mean to be flame-bait).
> Is there a reason this is a mailing list instead of a newsgroup?

Because some of us prefer mail lists to newsgroups?

Actually, a better question might be - where is (or why isn't there) a
newsgroup gateway for the list?

> (Getting 3+ digests per day (unthreaded) is kind of cumbersome and doesn't
> seem like the most efficient system....)
> I just joined the digest list a week or so ago, and it's been very useful,
> but a bit awkward to read through.

About the only problem I have is the loss of headers in the digest
version, and that's minor. Of course, my mail reader quite happily
bursts and threads the digests for me with a couple of keystrokes.

	<mik