Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:44:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        sobomax@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/18983: Updating the t1utils port - complete

sobomax@FreeBSD.org writes:
> Please in the future try to confirm to the Handbook and submit unified diff
> for port update. It is really easy (hint: diff -ruN somedir.old somedir) and
> would save for us some time necessary to review/merge changes by hands. Believe
> me, it is not just my stupid whim.

I believe that it's not your whim, and that it's not in general
stupid. I've done previous updates that way. However, there are times
when starting from scratch makes more sense than doing a diff. In this
case, you would have gotten a broken diff, as the port in the ports
tree is different from the port in my perforce archive.

I'm sorry you felt you had to review/merge the changes by hand. You
had a number of other options. Deleting the port with the annotation
"supporter is being an ahole"; deleting it and adding the one I sent
as a new one; or extracting the archive I sent you and running the
diff yourself, which would have generated a correct diff.

If you find this attitude unreasonable, I'm sorry. Feel free to delete
the port, or put your name on it as the supporter. Either way, I'll
stop getting messages asking me to update it - which means I can work
on other things - so there's no chance I'll ever submit an update that
you don't like.

	<mike