Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:39:14 +0200
From:      Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@shopzeus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   GEOM_JOURNAL: Timeout. Journal gjournal XXXX cannot be completed.

--------------070307060005040507000101

Hi,

I'm trying to add a new disk to my system. I'm ready with labeling the
disk. It is an SCSI device with and UFS partition and a SWAP partition.
The swap is turned off, and I would like to use it as journal space.
There is a screenshot attached showing what happens after entering
single user mode. swaps are turned off, and the journal cannot be
initialized. The message says:

GEOM_JOURNAL: Timeout. Journal gjournal 2578807269 cannot be completed.

Why is that?

Thanks,

   Laszlo

--------------070307060005040507000101--