Date:      Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:42:41 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup file rolling back to a specific date

On Monday 07 March 2005 10:32 am, Troy wrote:
> I'm trying to rollback a cvsport to a specific date. I've been
> playing with the date= command and not getting what I want
>
> For example if I wanted the ports tree from 3/4/2005, I'm not sure
> which one I would use.
>

> ports-all tag=. date=2005.03.04.00.00.00
> ports-all date=2005.03.04.00.00.00
>

> or if I wanted a specific port from a specific date, could someone
> show me an example?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Troy

Here is how I do it:

*default host=cvsup4.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs
*default tag=.
*default delete
*default compress
*default date=2005.03.04.00.00.00
ports-all

Then I would run portmanager -u to reset all installed ports
to this date.

-Mike