Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 02:28:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        rkw@dataplex.net
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1R/ports and ports-2.1 on ftp.freebsd.org

 * Actually, it needs to be changed anyway.
 * The 2.1.0-RELEASE/ports directories should be FROZEN at the value they had
 * at release time.
 * the ports-2.1 entry can then be a tree of symbolic links for those elements
 * that are unchanged. But if something changes, it should appear in ports-2.1
 * but not  2.1.0-RELEASE/ports.

However, we (the ports team) are not planning to maintain the 2.1
ports tree any further.  We simply do not have the manpower to
maintain two trees.

So, any new change will go to FreeBSD-current/ports, which may or may
not work with 2.1.  (Actually most of them should work, except for
ones that depend on newer bsd.port.mk or something.)

Satoshi