Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:31:27 +0100
From:      Aled Morris <aledm@routers.co.uk>
To:        Graham Breach <graham@fgate.flevel.co.uk>, hardware@FreeBSD.org (hardware)
Subject:   Re: Tecra 730 CDT

At 09:40 17/10/96 +0100, Graham Breach wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how well the Toshiba Tecra 730 CDT operates under
>FreeBSD?

I have just installed 2.1.0 on a Satellite Pro 420CDT, which is quite
similar to the Tecra I believe.  Works good.  Installed with the ATAPI
boot floppy and the CD-ROM (using the internal CD-ROM drive).  No
problem whatsoever.

I haven't been able to get the SVGA X server to work, although the
VGA16 works fine (800x600 LCD).  The problem with SVGA I think is the
chipset may not be supported (ct65555 is too new?).  Perhaps this is
fixed in a newer release of XFree86 - does anyone know?

Aled
--
telephone +44 973 207987                        O-