Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:10:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kurt Werle <kwerle@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/45613: make update doesn't

The following reply was made to PR ports/45613; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kurt Werle <kwerle@pobox.com>
To: Pete Fritchman <petef@absolutbsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:08:07 -0800

 > Maybe we should just include a URL in that error message and point users
 > to the cvsup portion of the handbook?

 You could do that.  Or you could just make it work and make things that
 much easier for the thousands of FreeBSD users in the world.  OK, maybe
 that sounds bitchy, but why not just make it work?  It's a damn
 computer, and here is the opportunity to make it run that much
 smoother.  I'm getting all worked up.  I'll stop now.