Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:06:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kurt Werle <kurt@twoface.shiftmanager.net>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Native JDK?

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Bill Huey wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 12:47:47PM +1100, Christopher Vance wrote:
> > I would guess the delay in getting a package out is due to Sun's
> > bureaucracy.

Much as I dislike SUN, I gotta think they're not the only issue here.

> It's legit though. Well, uh, the good thing about this matter is
> that there's been a lot progress on getting our stuff certified
> and that last I heard (cc-ed) was that we just got certification for
> J2SE 1.3.1 under green threads from Sun. Uh, keep this quiet. ;)

That sounds like it's almost really exciting.  I was really excited back
pre-4.5 when that announcement was made, but now I'm just feeling
dubiously hopeful (tm).

What happens next, and when can we expect it to happen?  Oh, and when was
"last I heard"?

Thanks,
Kurt
---