Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:40:14 -0800
From:      bruno schwander <bruno@tinkerbox.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   DRM kernel module for unichrome ?

Hi everybody,

I am trying to get DRI to work on a VIA C3 motherboard.
Background: running mplayer freezes X. (just X, I can ssh and reboot the
box)
Running mplayer -vo x11  (instead of the default that uses Xv extension)
works, but uses much CPU.
I understand that for Xv, XVmc to work, DRI must be enabled. However,
although the port graphics/dri includes a unichrome_dri.so, I do not see
the corresponding drm kernel module in /boot/loader. (I would assume it
would be unichrome.ko)

The question is then, is anybody working on this module ? How hard is it
to port the linux one over to FreeBSD ? Who "owns" the current drm
kernel modules and how can I assist in porting the unichrome drm module ?

bruno