Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:03:48 -0500
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maximum recommended user limits on mail server

Throwing caution to the wind and speaking without thinking about
what was being said on Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:47 ,
Ryan Watson blurted this:

> I have come to learn that this is all because the memory
> address portion of the Xeon is 36bits, not 32. Though the Xeon
> is indeed a 32bit CPU.

Correct.  AND there are 64 bit CPUs that are 64BIT internally only.
For awhile the only 64x64 was the Dec Alpha [later Compaq alpha]

64x40 was common for the MIPS chips at one time.

And on the topic of the original thread - I thank all who posted fo
the information.  Those who sent private mail were thanked
individually.

Bill
--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com