Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:30:04 +0200
From:      "Ivan Voras" <ivoras@geri.cc.fer.hr>
To:        "Marc Recht" <recht@contentmedia.de>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: php+java update

| > I did 'strings libjava.so | grep JVM_' and it gives a lot of JVM_*
names,
| > but I don't know are they exported or imported symbols (how could I find
| > out?) and generally, how to fix this problem. I assume I will need help
of
| man nm(1)
|
| > someone who actually knows how the JVM works :)
| >
| > (the error occures when php tries to create a JVM)
| It's defined in jre/lib/i386/classic/libjvm.so
| jre/lib/i386/classic/libjvm.so:00042a38 T JVM_DoPrivileged
| ( nm -A jre/lib/i386/classic/libjvm.so| grep JVM_DoPrivileged )

Thank you. It only worked when I added both paths (jre/lib/i386 and
jre/lib/i386/classic) to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and jre/lib/i386/classic/libjvm.so
to LD_PRELOAD veriables.

Now there is one more problem:

Fatal error: Unable to create Java Virtual Machine in
/usr/home/ivoras/public_html/jver.php on line 4

but this time the error is generated willingly by php/java extension. I
looked it up in ext/java.c and here is the code snippet:

  rc = (*JNI_CreateVM)(&JG(jvm), &JG(jenv), &vm_args);

  if (rc) {
    php_error(E_ERROR, "Unable to create Java Virtual Machine");
    return rc;
  }

Is there something I can to to make the message more verbose?

----
--------
- Ivan Voras <ivoras @ fer.hr> -
- All the simple programs have been written, and all the good names taken. -