Date:      Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:47:30 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Gary Mu1der <gmulder@infotechfl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: supermicro X6DHP-8G2

Gary Mu1der wrote:
> Scott,
>
> I just determined that aaccli is not supported under amd64 for aac based
> h/w RAID (specifically my Adaptec 2200S RAID controller).
>
> Any idea if or how much work will be required for aaccli to be supported
> under amd64?

Hmm, good question.  The FreeBSD aaccli that I provided way back when
was statically linked against FreeBSD 4.4 libraries, so I guess that our
i386 emulation would need to be able to handle that (and specifically
some of the quirks in how libc_r worked back then).

For fun, you might try compiling a kernel with COMPAT_LINUX32 and
AAC_COMPAT_LINUX and running the linux aaccli under it.  I can't think
of a reason why it wouldn't work, but I haven't tried it myself.

Scott