Date:      28 Mar 1995 11:18:42 -0500
From:      "Rogers, Bradley" <rogersb@synrome.com>
To:        "FreeBSD_Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FW: virus alert... (fwd)

Let's look at the rest of the facts:  an Nth-complexity infinite binary loop
which can damage your processor?!  I think not...
To: bsletten@vivid.autometric.com
Cc: evivar@eniac.rhon.itam.mx; questions@FreeBSD.org
From: Branson Matheson on Tue, Mar 28, 1995 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: virus alert... (fwd)

Message Body:>
> I've gotten this before and assumed (perhaps wrongly) that it was a joke. Does
> anyone know anything more?

 Just looking at the facts... the only way a virus like this can effect you is
 if you are running an editor that allows interpreted codes in the text to
 be edited. At least this is true under unix. I cannot see any way else that
 this could affect you just by reading the file. Much less somthing like
 more or less being used on it.

 If this assumption is incorrect... I encourage responses.

  -branson

--
MATHESON, E BRANSON                                 E.B.MATHESON@LaRC.NASA.GOV
    Mail Stop 931                                COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION