Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 22:59:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Myche'jae-Bel" <mikeb@gl.umbc.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Poor PPP installation documentation

I'm not very pleased with the online docs for installing over PPP.  I've
used PPP at home with Linux for months now, and no matter what I fill in
for those fields in FreeBSD's network configuration screen, it doesn't
work (I get an error about not being able to set the local IP address).

When I tried looking at your online docs, they all refer to setting up
PPP after you already have the base system installed, not that goofy net
setup screen.

Is there someone I can talk to that can help?  I can tell you everything I
have in my /etc/resolv.conf and chatscripts for Linux.

I'm attempting a DOS partition install after FTP'ing the bin and manpage
pieces to a local disk, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get PPP working
after that.