Date:      Sat, 01 Feb 1997 21:02:55 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, iman triwahyudi <iman@students.itb.ac.id>
Subject:   Re: packet driver

J Wunsch wrote:

> As Jim Durham wrote:
>
> > There is no "packet driver" per se, but I have a modified
> > version of Phil Karn's "Net" software here that will allow
> > ham AX25 and tcp/ip networking through a serial port and TNC.
>
> Any chance to make this an official `port' so we could ship it on the
> CD?

Absolutely.

The "Net" code is actually part of a complete system using "Net" to
handle the radio ports, with a packet BBS and internet/packet-bbs
mail gateway that uses sendmail to do most of the work. There is
also some code to allow interfacing to a web page to view and send
packet radio mail.

My question is should I just do an "official" port of "Net" for
starters and do the BBS and gateway separately so that those not
wanting those services could just compile "Net"?

-Jim Durham