Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:53:42 +0100
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        David.E.Tweten@nasa.gov
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ThinkPad Hibernation

i am also trying to use hibernation on my thinkpad t30. i have the
following problem:

the preinstalled win xp hibernates just fine to it's own hibernation
file, without using the bios. but to get hibernation under freebsd
working, i need to create a valid hibernation file on a fat16 or
fat32 partition (at least that's what i read somewhere).

i searched the ibm site for a tool to do that and found hibw4win.exe,
but it does not work under xp (obviously, because it is usually not
needed for xp only operations)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
now, how can i create such a hibernation file? is there some other
tool to do that? or what are the specs of such a file? as far as i
know, all i need is a file of the right size and the right filename on
a dos partition. about the size, i read something about (physical mem +
video mem) * 1.01 + 2MB. what about the filename?

greets, t.