Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2018 18:18:59 +0530
From:      Steevan Rodrigues <steevanxperia@gmail.com>
To:        rysto32@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Contigfree takes too much time that cuases PCIe driver unload to take up to 30 minutes

I tried FreeBSD 12 Beta 3 version  on this server with Xeon Gold 5115 CPU.
All these problems have disappeared.

Actually contigfree was taking too much time on FreeBSD 11.x  on my server
with Xeon Gold 5115 CPU.

In FreeBSD 12 Beta3  also contigfree still takes much more time compared to
contigmalloc.
However  when I compare the  values to FreeBSD 11.x number I can see huge
improvement in FreeBSD 12 Beta 3   .
Because of this contigfree issue my driver unload  used to take 5 to 20
minutes  in FreeBSD 11.x.
Now  my driver takes only a few seconds to load and a few seconds to unload
in FreeBSD 12. BEta 3.

Hence it looks like the problem was specific FreeBSD 11.x.

Regards,
Steevan