Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 00:26:53 +0000
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems running 6.X on K8D-Master-F SMP

> I run one of those although the "rack" model, it works just fine on both
> 6.1pre and 7.0current in amd64 mode. I use it daily as a development box
> for AMD64 stuff so I would have noticed if it broke along the way...

Thanks - thats *very* useful to know! I notice that evryone who is telling
me it works is running amd64, not i386, so my next step will be to install
amd64 instead and see if that boots.

If I cant get it to work then, would you be able to tell me your BIOS
version and a few settings ? I realise that might not be possible if
the machine is running, obviously.

cheers,

-pete. [far more hopeful]