Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 23:14:28 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /var/spool/news vs /var/news, need summary.

 * I recall that there was quite a discussion amongst the people doing
 * FreeBSD ports on this issue some time back, and would like a few
 * things from those involved in it.
 *
 * a)  What was the final outcome?  Do all our ports use /var/news or
 *     /var/spool/news.

They now all use /var/news.

 * b)  Was there a majority of the ports that used one over the other?  And
 *     was this majority value the same as our final value?

Yes, Andrey checked them and everything except inn used /var/news,
that's the sole reason why we went with it.  Inn was since converted
to default to /var/news by Torsten.

 * c)  Was the decision and resulting patches to make this consistent sent
 *     to the original ports source?

I don't know about this one.

Satoshi